ann0805 - Announcement
ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator v. 2.2 released
25 March 2008
Today, an updated version of the popular software has been released with, among other features, native support for Intel-based Macs. Another key update is a much improved support for embedding of descriptive information, so-called metadata, directly within the final image. Based on a updated version 1.1 standard for Astronomy Visualization Metadata, this information is stored in the standard manner like that used by digital cameras to record exposure information.
The FITS Liberator is freely available for download from:
Version 2.2 of The ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator has been improved in several areas, some of which are:
- Universal Binary for Mac allows native CS3 operation on Intel-based systems
- Flip image checkbox allows image orientation to be selected on import.
- Root functions (x1/2, x1/3, x1/4, x1/5) now operate antisymmetrically about x=0.
- Version 1.1 of the Astronomy Visualization Metadata (AVM) standard is now fully supported. For more information see http://www.virtualastronomy.org
- The import of coordinate metadata from the FITS header has been improved.
Lars Lindberg Christensen
Hubble/ESA, Garching, Germany