ann1210 - Announcement
Vote for your favourite Hubble treasure
Hidden Treasures competition public vote announced
1 August 2012
In April and May, ESA/Hubble invited the public to search through the archive and uncover hidden treasures (ann1203). These are Hubble images that have never been published, and have only ever been seen by a handful of scientists up to now.
The response was overwhelming: almost 3000 submissions in two categories, for basic image searching in the archive, and advanced image processing using professional software. So it’s taken some time to collect and classify all the submissions.
But now it’s time to decide who gets the prizes!
The judges are hard at work looking through the submissions to decide who wins the top award. But we also want the public to have a say, with a people’s choice category which anyone can vote for.
You can now vote on the images in both categories:
- The shortlist and voting page for the advanced image processing category is here.
- The shortlist and voting page for the basic image finding category is here.
The winner of the public vote in each category will receive an aluminium-mounted print of a Hubble image.
Voting closes at 23.59 CEST (17:59 EDT) on 15 August 2012.
- Hubble’s Hidden Treasures homepage
- Hubble’s Hidden Treasures image processing competition homepage (including more details on prizes)
- Hubble’s Hidden Treasures basic competition (including more details on prizes)
Hubble/ESA, Garching, Germany