Hubblecast 74: Hubble and Heaven’s Carousel
This episode of the Hubblecast explores the intersection of science and art through the sound artwork of Tim Otto Roth - premiered in March 2014 at the fourth Hubble Space Telescope Conference at the Accademia dei Lincei in Rome.
Heaven’s Carousel is a huge carousel like sound installation with 36 rotating illuminated loudspeakers which is inspired by Hubble research, in particular the accelerating Universe.
- Directed by: Georgia Bladon
- Visual design and editing: Martin Kornmesser
- Written by: Georgia Bladon & Nikita Marwaha
- Presented by: Joe Liske (Dr J)
- Narration: Sara Mendes da Costa
- Images: NASA, ESA Doppler Effect
- Videos: NASA, ESA
- Interview footage and installation footage: M. Estacion (STScI).
- Installation footage: Tim Otto Roth
- Timelapse videos: Martin Kornmesser and Christoph Malin
- Music: Toomas Erm
- Web and technical support: Mathias Andre and Raquel Yumi Shida
- Executive producer: Lars Lindberg Christensen
About the Video
|Release date:||22 May 2014, 16:00|
|Duration:||09 m 37 s|
|Frame rate:||30 fps|